My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Beach, California, United States

Music Geek - Rock & Roll Jeopardy Champ Certified!

Poop Culture

Visit my other blog, Lost in the '80s - do it now, dammit!
stereogum
goldenfiddle
adpulp
bigaction
whatevs

Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Fucking Woof
I suppose I need to face it. I'm BearBait. BearBait am I. I have the latent mutant power to attract stocky, hairy white guys. I can't say I really blame them for thinking I'm a "cub". I mean, let's go down the checklist:

• Shaved head? Check.
• Hairy chest? Check.
• Some form of facial hair (at least I don't have the ubiquitous goatee)? Check.
• Propensity to end up in such bear hangouts as "The Hole", "Mineshaft" and "Faultline", usually dragged there against my will by bear-loving friends? Check.

Now luckily, I've been able to use my "muscle bear" (ick) status to some degree of success in finding men I'm attracted to, so I can't really complain. In fact, to complain that any type of person in general finds you attractive is kind of disgusting and petty in the first place. I just wish there was a bit more originality involved in the whole scene. You can filter the entire "bear community" to one word:

"Woof."

"Woof." Fucking woof. Yeesh. Grown men have said this to me. Perfect strangers in their thirties and forties have shambled up to me in bars, and leaning into my face so closely I could taste the beer off their tongues, have looked into my boobs and said "woof".

Whatever happened to a simple "Hey", or "Hello"? "Woof." Again, yeesh. I have a message for all bears, cubs, beavers, otters and manatees -- STOP SAYING "WOOF". It makes you look juvenile, infantile and inarticulate. Which, granted, can be totally hot on some people. But in my case, the "woof" word sends a shiver down my spine, and not the good ones that end in erections. If anything, it's a penis softener.

NO MORE FUCKING "WOOFS". I mean it, bitches.

Fine Folks

"...and by hubris, I mean overweening pride!" - Johnny's Greatest Hits

25 Year Loop
Fucking Woof
David Live
The Night Before
Jobriath Was First
She's in Parties
She's in Parties Pt. 2
Tales From the Dragon Club
Tales From the Dragon Club Pt. 2
Okay, California...You Win
How to Sell Used CDs

Previously on "Johnny Is a Man"...

Powered by Blogger

Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory

designed by lonelyger