My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Beach, California, United States

Music Geek - Rock & Roll Jeopardy Champ Certified!

Poop Culture

Visit my other blog, Lost in the '80s - do it now, dammit!
stereogum
goldenfiddle
adpulp
bigaction
whatevs

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Random Notes

• Next time someone mutters that Bowie hasn’t “done anything good since the ‘70s,” break out “Everyone Says ‘Hi’” from Heathen, 2001.

• Why aren’t OK Go completely HUGE? Especially when they make inventive videos like this with zero budget?

• Speaking of artists who should be huge, keep a lookout for Rhymefest - I’m not much of a hip-hop head, but after meeting the man and hearing where he’s coming from (there’s a song on his just-released debut that addresses something I’ve written about here…the “economic draft” that forces poor and lower-middle class kids into the military for college money), I’m a convert. My favorite track, "Devil’s Pie", uses a chopped & screwed Strokes sample, so heck, I’m on board. That, and the headlock he held me in convinced me (nice Popeye imitation I’m sporting, by the way).



And finally…

• HEAD ON! APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD!
HEAD ON! APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD!
HEAD ON! APPLY DIRECTLY TO THE FOREHEAD!

Fine Folks

"...and by hubris, I mean overweening pride!" - Johnny's Greatest Hits

25 Year Loop
Fucking Woof
David Live
The Night Before
Jobriath Was First
She's in Parties
She's in Parties Pt. 2
Tales From the Dragon Club
Tales From the Dragon Club Pt. 2
Okay, California...You Win
How to Sell Used CDs

Previously on "Johnny Is a Man"...

Powered by Blogger

Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory

designed by lonelyger