My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Beach, California, United States

Music Geek - Rock & Roll Jeopardy Champ Certified!

Poop Culture

Visit my other blog, Lost in the '80s - do it now, dammit!
stereogum
goldenfiddle
adpulp
bigaction
whatevs

Thursday, May 03, 2007

I Never Lost Control

A few years ago, I was watching a re-broadcast of the Brit Awards with a friend in his mid-2o's when Earthling-era David Bowie came out to perform "The Man Who Sold The World". My young friend turned to me and said, "Wow, it's cool that he's doing a Nirvana song!"

We don't speak much now.

The orignal version, 1970
Lulu feat. David Bowie, 1974
Bowie, Klaus Nomi & Joey Arias from Saturday Night Live, 1979
Bowie & Eno electronica it up in the mid-90s

Labels: , , ,

Fine Folks

"...and by hubris, I mean overweening pride!" - Johnny's Greatest Hits

25 Year Loop
Fucking Woof
David Live
The Night Before
Jobriath Was First
She's in Parties
She's in Parties Pt. 2
Tales From the Dragon Club
Tales From the Dragon Club Pt. 2
Okay, California...You Win
How to Sell Used CDs

Previously on "Johnny Is a Man"...

Powered by Blogger

Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory

designed by lonelyger