My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Beach, California, United States

Music Geek - Rock & Roll Jeopardy Champ Certified!

Poop Culture

Visit my other blog, Lost in the '80s - do it now, dammit!
stereogum
goldenfiddle
adpulp
bigaction
whatevs

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Cleveland Rocks? Perhaps.

Chut and I decided to do the unthinkable for the Fourth of July weekend. Fly to *gulp* Cleveland and visit my family!

It had been more than 2 1/2 years since I last visited Ohio, so it was interesting to see how cleaned up everything was. That is, except for the roads. Nice to see some things never change, i.e. orange road construction cones being a 24/7/365 thing on the North Coast. It took us an extra 30 minutes to finally figure out how to get to our hotel in Playhouse Square, thanks to Euclid Avenue being a torn-up, one-way mess.


Chut had never seen the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame & Museum. I lost my shit over the new Bowie costumes display. No cameras allowed inside, dammit.


Gwen & Moby.


The original line-up reunited for a special one-off performance.


Mom and I, exhausted.


Y'know, it's really not THAT bad.

Labels:

Fine Folks

"...and by hubris, I mean overweening pride!" - Johnny's Greatest Hits

25 Year Loop
Fucking Woof
David Live
The Night Before
Jobriath Was First
She's in Parties
She's in Parties Pt. 2
Tales From the Dragon Club
Tales From the Dragon Club Pt. 2
Okay, California...You Win
How to Sell Used CDs

Previously on "Johnny Is a Man"...

Powered by Blogger

Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory

designed by lonelyger