My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Beach, California, United States

Music Geek - Rock & Roll Jeopardy Champ Certified!

Poop Culture

Visit my other blog, Lost in the '80s - do it now, dammit!
stereogum
goldenfiddle
adpulp
bigaction
whatevs

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A to Z

• EMI is FINALLY reissuing and remastering Thomas Dolby's first two albums and Dolby wants your opinion on what should be included.

I have no problem with his list as it stands. I'm super jazzed because The Golden Age of Wireless is one of my Top 5 albums of all time and the CD has needed an upgrade since it first came out in 1987 (!!). It's about time.

• More Phagz on 45 (and by extension, Matty, for all his fucking groupies) are on the way. They've been shot, I just need to edit them. Patience, grasshoppahs!

• "If my baby gets cold and it needs a blanket, it's okay, CUZ EYE HAVVITT."



• Siobhan Fahey of Bananarama and Shakespear's Sister is 50 today and Xo is celebrating.

• This week at Popdose: Get Lost in the '80s with Freur's "Doot-Doot."

• Palin pig root toot Obama peep peep McSame tootsley election peep.


• I'd love to discuss all the problems I had with "Love & Rockets - New Stories Vol. 1," but I'm the only person I know still reading it. In summation - a year for a dream sequence? From BOTH of you, Jaime and Gilbert? And it ends on a cliffhanger? A YEAR-LONG WAIT BETWEEN ISSUES? Uch.

Pretty, though.

• Why aren't I posting much here anymore? Ernie breaks it down much better than I can, or feel the need to at the moment. Is the age of the personal weblog over?

Labels: ,

Fine Folks

"...and by hubris, I mean overweening pride!" - Johnny's Greatest Hits

25 Year Loop
Fucking Woof
David Live
The Night Before
Jobriath Was First
She's in Parties
She's in Parties Pt. 2
Tales From the Dragon Club
Tales From the Dragon Club Pt. 2
Okay, California...You Win
How to Sell Used CDs

Previously on "Johnny Is a Man"...

Powered by Blogger

Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory

designed by lonelyger