a bitstream of consciousness
• Lead singer of post-grunge alt-rockers Harvey Danger has blog, tells honest stories about his band's tortured history ("Sad Sweetheart of the Rodeo" remains one of the best songs of the '90s, btw), loves Scritti Politti as much as I do.
• Dennis Perrin and I have a few things in common, among them an abiding love for the work of Michael O'Donoghue and a sick appreciation for the overlooked (in one case, justifiably) sketch comedy of ABC's Fridays and SNL's dark '80-81 period. Here, Dennis presents two sketches from that bizarre, truncated SNL season, one that's just plain dire and another that's so absolutely senseless and awful, you can't turn away. Dennis' book on O'Donogue, Mr. Mike, is essential reading for any SNL or National Lampoon fan.
• Bagatelle Records - shh, don't tell anyone.
• Baby Chutney and I are going to New Orleans for Halloween next week! If you see me, say "hi".
• Buy this for me. Even my gay ass thought Pat Prescott sounded hot.
• Although posting here is sparse, I'm actually writing more than I ever have in my life. Two big projects are almost ready for announcement, so watch this rarely-updated space.
• "Recently I heard that women are not welcomed at Blowoff. I find that really off-putting," declares Defender Of All Fag Hags JASON BAKER, presumably vagina-free. Bob, sometimes you're too nice.
• Britney, Britney, Britney blah blah woof peep peep meow ah root toot. I've cared more about loaves I've pinched.