My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Beach, California, United States

Music Geek - Rock & Roll Jeopardy Champ Certified!

Poop Culture

Visit my other blog, Lost in the '80s - do it now, dammit!
stereogum
goldenfiddle
adpulp
bigaction
whatevs

Saturday, July 10, 2004

Rock Out With Your Cock Out

After last night's little excursion and expirement in BWI, I woke up today feeling a little insecure. I mean, I was probably one of the oldest people at that club last night, I hadn't done cardio in about a week and was feeling a little wrinkly and flabby. That would explain why I stayed near a wall, sipping my drink all night instead of dancing to Danni Minogue along with everyone else (plus, it's Danni Minogue. To quote someone more famous and witty than I, "I don't want BLOODY DANNI MINOGUE!").

So, feeling a bit down on myself, I flip on VH1 Classic and there is Romeo Void's "Never Say Never". Any ounce of insecurity flew out the window once I saw lead singer Deborah Iyall rocking the fuck out.



Here is a woman who didn't fit the stereotypical norm of what a "female rock singer" should look like. She wasn't white, petite, slutty or trashy, but at the same time, she didn't neuter her sexuality at all, becoming very hot in the process. She got up there, did her shit hard, left you on the floor, then split before it got old.

That's what each of us should do tonight. Go out to your favorite bar, club, pub, dive, whatever, and wear what the fuck you want, laugh as loud as you want, talk to who you want, dance how you like and just ROCK. THE. FUCK. OUT.

I know I'm gonna.

Fine Folks

"...and by hubris, I mean overweening pride!" - Johnny's Greatest Hits

25 Year Loop
Fucking Woof
David Live
The Night Before
Jobriath Was First
She's in Parties
She's in Parties Pt. 2
Tales From the Dragon Club
Tales From the Dragon Club Pt. 2
Okay, California...You Win
How to Sell Used CDs

Previously on "Johnny Is a Man"...

Powered by Blogger

Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory

designed by lonelyger