My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Beach, California, United States

Music Geek - Rock & Roll Jeopardy Champ Certified!

Poop Culture

Visit my other blog, Lost in the '80s - do it now, dammit!
stereogum
goldenfiddle
adpulp
bigaction
whatevs

Monday, October 25, 2004

...and here's me not giving a shit!

What is it that compels people in my office to come to me to complain about any and everything in their lives? I'm not talking about subordinates with work/personal issues...I'm talking about other directors, VPs, managers, you name it, talking about their weekend, their car trouble, the mall, traffic, weather, whatever. I don't mind small talk in the morning, but this goes on...ALL. DAY. Apparently, we need some layoffs here.

I'm not a good listener when it comes to people I work with complaining about non-work related issues. I'm not particularly friendly at work. In fact, sometimes I'm downright rude, looking at my monitor, continuing to type, not responding at all as they drone on and on about some fucked up project, some stupid meeting, an irate phone call they had to field, whatever.

I mean, look at me. Bald, tattooed, burly and scary. For Christ's sake, I even had a pierced eyebrow until May of this year. You people should fear me, not Dear Abby me on an hourly basis. And yet, still they come. Especially the women.

If I came and talked to me and I ignored me the way I ignored these people, I'd think I was an asshole and never bother again. Why can't these people take the same initiative?

Let's make this really simple. If you work with me, I hate you. Easy!

And quit asking me to go to lunch with you, god damn it.

Serena this entry is dedicated to you, for you know my pain.

Fine Folks

"...and by hubris, I mean overweening pride!" - Johnny's Greatest Hits

25 Year Loop
Fucking Woof
David Live
The Night Before
Jobriath Was First
She's in Parties
She's in Parties Pt. 2
Tales From the Dragon Club
Tales From the Dragon Club Pt. 2
Okay, California...You Win
How to Sell Used CDs

Previously on "Johnny Is a Man"...

Powered by Blogger

Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory

designed by lonelyger