My Photo
Name:
Location: Long Beach, California, United States

Music Geek - Rock & Roll Jeopardy Champ Certified!

Poop Culture

Visit my other blog, Lost in the '80s - do it now, dammit!
stereogum
goldenfiddle
adpulp
bigaction
whatevs

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Back to the sketchbook

Silver Sable takes out some Hydra agents...



Sorry, my scanner is only 8.5" x 11" and I draw on 11" x 17". Argh. Still working on women, as you can see.

The Man Called Nova...



If you look closely, you can see fellow New Warriors Firestar and Speedball ghosting thru the page behind this one.

Gettin' all New Gods Kirby on yo' azz...



Moving away from comics...



Not too shabby - I can't blame a ten-year layoff from sketching anymore for any kinks. I can feel old, neglected, yet familiar muscles flexing. I find myself using less lines, being more sure with each touch of the pencil to bristol, as opposed to my old, looser sketching style. Less is more.

Can anyone give me some tips on scanning pencil art to avoid that grey area from the paper? I'm using Photoshop to scan.

Fine Folks

"...and by hubris, I mean overweening pride!" - Johnny's Greatest Hits

25 Year Loop
Fucking Woof
David Live
The Night Before
Jobriath Was First
She's in Parties
She's in Parties Pt. 2
Tales From the Dragon Club
Tales From the Dragon Club Pt. 2
Okay, California...You Win
How to Sell Used CDs

Previously on "Johnny Is a Man"...

Powered by Blogger

Listed on Blogwise Blogarama - The Blog Directory

designed by lonelyger